“Zhi” means to arrive or to reach. The flow of qi of the Urinary Bladder Meridian of Foot-Taiyang comes to an end at this point, after which it enters the Kidney Meridian of Foot-Shaoyang, the Yang qi coming to its end and the Yin qi starting to flow. Hence the name Zhiyin (Reaching Yin).
On the lateral side of the last toe, about 0.1 cun posterior to the corner of the nail.
- Headache (combine with Fengchi (GB20), Tianzhu (BL11) and Taiyang (Extra)).
- Nasal obstruction.
- Malposition of fetus (heat the point for 20 approximately minutes with a moxa stick is a very effective of treatment).
- Difficult labour.
- Retention of placenta.
- Remove obstruction from the meridian.
- Regulate the Yin and Yang.
- Calm the mind.
- Brighten the eye.
- Deal with the malposition of fetus.